Now that you have your website or blog set up, it’s time to get creative. This course will focus on advanced customizing of WordPress sites such as installing WordPress on your home computer, creating a webhost server that is not connected to the internet so that you can test ideas in a risk-free environment, troubleshooting your site when it crashes, creating custom menus, importing and exporting content from different sources, creating user-friendly permalinks, search engine optimization, and using the WordPress community forum. The class lasts four weeks.
- Setting up WP on your home computer: working with local host for both Mac and PC.
- Working with menus: creating custom menus, putting menus in your sidebar.
- Playing around in the WP Content Folder and troubleshooting: what to do if you crash your site.
- Fun things you can do with your site: embedding videos and adding images from the web.
- Optimizing your site for search engines.
- Uploading your practice site to the web.
- Going live.