This class will focus on understanding the basic functions of the WordPress backend. It will include: making posts and pages, adding images, copying and pasting from one post or page to another, creating links, connecting your social media links for FaceBook, Twitter, etc., using plugins, widgets, and themes, creating parent and child pages, using menus, and customizing the look and feel of your site. In short, everything you need to set a website or blog and make it uniquely yours. The class lasts four weeks.
LESSON PLAN FOR BEGINNING WP CLASS:
- Navigating the Back End of WordPress
- Understanding Themes: Changing the Look of Your Site Through Themes
- Customizing the Themes: Changing the Header and Background.
- Understanding the Difference Between Posts & Pages: What They Are; How to Use Them
- Adding Images & Links
- Things you can do to Jazz up your site. Using Asides and Widgets
- Working with Plugins: Understanding Plugins, Some Plugins You Must Have, Setting Up FB & Twitter Links on Your Site
- Some Things You Need to Know About the Web and Websites